Code of Ethics & Membership Agreement
ARTICLE III - CODE OF ETHICS:
Upon acceptance for membership in the Association, each new member shall be deemed to have subscribed to the following Code of Ethics:
As a member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey, Inc., I believe and affirm that:
- Home Ownership should be affordable to every American family.
- Every consumer is entitled to construction in accordance with generally accepted practices of the industry, whether of a residential, commercial or industrial nature.
- All development should be well designed to be in harmony with sound, environmental and community planning.
- All Members shall adhere to the following principles and policies:
- Honesty, integrity and fair business practice.
- Concern for the environment shall be built into all development and related services.
- Provide quality construction, products and services consistent with the standards required by the Association and at reasonable cost to the consumer through encouragement of research and development of new construction materials, building techniques and products.
- Support all the programs, policies and activities of Local, State and National Associations.
- Refrain from engaging in unprofessional, threatening, offensive or otherwise inappropriate conduct toward the Association’s employees, directors, officers and guests or toward fellow members.
- Read and understand the bylaws of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey, Inc.
I and/or my company undertake these responsibilities mindful that they are part of my obligation as a member of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey, Inc. I acknowledge that by joining the Association, I am also a member of the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). If the company’s membership in the Association becomes inactive or is terminated for any reason, I agree to immediately discontinue use of any and all Association logos and insignias, as well as that of NJBA and NAHB.