Professional Women in Building of the Garden State Receives Community Service Award
Shore Builders Association of Central NJ (SBACNJ) is pleased to announce that its Professional Women in Building of the Garden State (PWBGS) Council has been selected by New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA) to receive the distinguished Community Service Award at its upcoming Industry Awards to be held on January 29th at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, New Jersey. According to Georgette Kyriacou, President of PWBGS. “Our council and its members are honored to receive this award from NJBA. While there are so many companies within our industry who are certainly deserving of this Community Service Award, we are deeply humbled to have been recognized for our various community outreach programs.”
The PWBGS was founded in January 2016 due to the increasing female representation within the New Jersey local home builders’ associations. Although the council is not just for women, the mission statement of the PWBGS is to promote and support all aspects of building and empower women within the industry through professional development and leadership. It is through its community outreach programs that the council expands and grows its mission. Since its inception the PWBGS has partnered with the following community organizations:
- Hope Sheds Light Annual HOPE Walk team and fundraising
- LLS Woman of the Year Campaign and AML Support of PWBGS members nominees
- JAR of Hope fundraising for SBACNJ member NYC Marathon run.
- Collier Foundation monthly group home resident mentoring and annual holiday gift drive
- Habitat for Humanity – National Women Build Day
- Monmouth County SPCA Pet Supply Drive
- United Way of Monmouth & Ocean Counties Annual Tools for Schools school supply drive
- People’s Pantry and Foodstock food donation drives
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth & Middlesex Counties Girl Power! Program
In addition to the award from NJBA, the PWBGS has been recognized for its work by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and was presented with both the Community Outreach Award and Innovative Programs Award in 2017 at the NAHB International Builders Show.
The PWBGS is over 50 members strong and continues to grow. All members of New Jersey local home builder’s associations are eligible to join the council. For more information on becoming a member of PWBGS and SBACNJ visit http://shorebuilders.org/ or call 732-364-2828.